Other Links

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Timing

Isn't it funny when you are knee deep in a stage of life, a time when you're struggling, and out of nowhere you come across a poem, hear a song, meet a person or notice a sign that was meant to be seen or heard at the exact moment you ran across it?  

That doesn't happen to me too often, but it did last night at my mom's house during our Monday night tradition watching Dancing With the Stars.  Shania Twain was a guest judge and during the show she sang her new song, Soldier.  Now, Adam will think this song is super cheesy, but the minute she sang the first verse I became emotional (surprise surprise, right Adam?).  This past week has been a rough period of transition, still becoming acquainted with this new, temporary way of life, but I think I was meant to hear those lyrics last night.  Not only was the subject completely relevant to Adam and I's current situation, but the lyrics described exactly how I have been feeling these past few days.

"Don't close the door when you leave
it's cold out
I need to see the air when you breathe
and say out loud
That you'll be home soon
Not to worry
You're gonna hurry back

You're not alone when you dream
I'm with you. 
I hear your heart when it beats
I feel it too
Sleep in peace 
love is tender
Please remember me"



Timing is everything and I believe that Adam and I came into each other's lives at the exact moment that we needed one another.  In my heart I know that we were brought together for a greater reason than either of us will ever be able to comprehend.  Knowing this makes even the worst of days worth it.  There's no one else I would want to wait for.

For now I am taking it one day at a time, letting the timing take care of itself, and praying every day that he comes back home to me safe and sound.

Here's a link to the song if you haven't heard it yet:



No comments:

Post a Comment